Decorate Your RV for Halloween and Enjoy More Spooky Fun!
If there’s one thing that is consistently true about the RV community, it’s that they like to have fun. Many RV resorts, RV parks, and campgrounds make an extra effort to make Halloween special, as RVing is a family-oriented lifestyle, and Halloween has always been popular with the littlest members of the community!
Read on for some fun ideas about how to decorate your “home away from home,” and what to do to get the most out of the wonderful and wacky Halloween season this year.
- Stick decals on your windows. You can find affordable, easy-to-store decals at dollar stores around the country. This is an easy way to have the kids help with decorations! Another option along these same lines is a Halloween-themed door wrap. This is a great way to show you’ve fully embraced the spirit of the season—without having to store a bulky item the whole rest of the year!
- Use pumpkin place settings, including napkins, tablecloth, cups and plates. Again, dollar stores are your friend when it comes to finding great seasonal Halloween items.
- Carve pumpkins by the campfire and display them! Visit one of the hundreds of pumpkin patches or fall farmers’ markets around the country to purchase your pumpkins, and then get busy carving them. Organize a friendly competition with your fellow RVers to recognize the most creative pumpkins—or the scariest ones. Another option? Simply hallow out the biggest pumpkin you can find, fill it with ice, and use it as a festive Halloween beverage cooler.
- Tell ghost stories around the campfire. One of the best parts of the RV community is the opportunity to socialize with other great people and families. Don’t stay inside in the evenings, go out and enjoy the campfire. Challenge the kids to tell scary stories, too!
- Decorate your site. When you go to buy your pumpkins, pick up a few bales of hay for your campsite. Not only are these a great fall-themed decoration; they double as seating! To keep the look Halloween-centric, add spider webbing or orange string lights to the scene. You can also use durable cardboard and simple acrylic paints to design a few spooky tombstones to place strategically around your locale.
- Trick or treat! Find out if the campground you’re at encourages trick-or-treating and get your kids involved. Don’t forget to buy the candy!
Genesis Products is a leading manufacturer of laminated panels and wood components to the RV industry. Our company likes to celebrate every aspect of the wonderful RV community, including its creative Halloween flair. To learn more about what we do, visit genesisproductsinc.com/recreational-vehicles. Happy Halloween!